About Ventura Therapist Jeri Johnson, LMFT
I work to help couples who feel overwhelmed with the affects of anxiety, stress, anger and depression. It often shows up as:
- A breakdown in communication
- Mistrust in a marriage or in a significant relationship
- Feeling out of touch, angry, anxious, confused or depressed
- The ongoing challenges of raising children or blending families
- Finding a balance in their personal lives
What Happens in Therapy?
I pay close attention to how you feel and think about your difficulties. How we feel and think affects every aspect of our lives, from our relationships with our loved ones, to our attitude about work, to how we feel and what we think about ourselves. Meeting these difficulties honestly and finding our way through these challenges often requires support. Therapy will give you the opportunity to process your thoughts in a safe and caring space.
We work together to discover what is important to you. We will collaborate to discover what is important to you. With your personal goals in mind, we will work together to discover the best positive solutions to the challenges you are facing. Therapy often helps clients to uncover potential that may have been overlooked in the past. Many clients discover new skills and gain a renewed sense of confidence that can open doors.
Areas Where I Can Help
I work to assist individuals, couples and families in the areas of:
- Marriage and Couple Relationships
- Premarital and Transition to Parenthood Counseling
- Child and Family Counseling
- Cooperative Parenting, Divorce Counseling and Collaborative Custody Mediation
- Anger and Stress Management
- Domestic Violence
- Masters of Science Degree in Counseling from California State University, Northridge
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology from California State University, Channel Islands
- Certified in crisis intervention for domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- Led groups on domestic violence, sexual abuse, anger management, parenting and co-parenting
- Worked in schools as a teacher and counselor • Early childhood education and Montessori teaching credential
I love working couples, families and parents. Call for a free phone consultation at 805-728-7288, or contact us through this site.