About Ventura Therapist Aaron Deri, LMFT
I began my practice because I saw how difficult emotions caused suffering for individuals and relationships. How it kept them from experiencing a fuller and more satisfied life. Lives that were often within reach, but from which they felt blocked.
I saw–as as a mental health clinician, as well as in my “regular life experience” as a step-father, a husband, a son of immigrant parents, and previously as a corporate manager–how people often coped with this suffering: blaming themselves, others, or their past; burying feelings with bad habits; or just avoiding the most important parts of their lives. All as a way to feel better.
Teaching Clients to Overcome Anxiety, Anger and Depression
So I learned to use and teach more effective ways of reclaiming and bringing balance to lives. I know that we can actually use our emotions, even the toughest ones. They show us what we need and who we are. And when we know how to manage these intense emotions, we get closer to having the best human experience we can have.
Your world gets bigger as you rediscover love and joy in family, work, friendships, and in yourself.
I’d like to hear your story and, together, we can see if this is the right work for you. Please call (805) 728-7288, or contact me through this website. Working together, you can have stability and success in your life and important relationships.
Aaron Deri’s Credentials
- California State Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Treated adults and teens in outpatient substance abuse clinics, psychiatric treatment hospitals, and non-profit organizations
- Specialized training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Specialized training in Mindfulness meditation practice
- Certified in crisis intervention for domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- Led bereavement groups for adult survivors of violent loss
- Master of Science degree in Counseling from San Diego State University
- Published researcher